Breeding in its natal colony at Hosehill Lake, Berkshire, 23D8 is a regular winter visitor to Helston Boating Lake, but in recent years has paused briefly on the Camel estuary en route to Helston. This winter it arrived back bang on cue on 24th October, and for once we thought it had slipped through the Camel estuary unnoticed, but having just heard back from the ringer, that's apparently not the case!
|23D8, third from the right (honestly!), back on bread-stealing duty|
- last seen in Berkshire June 2012
- Camel estuary 4th October 2012
- Helston Boating Lake 21st October 2012 (to 1st March 2013)
- back in Berkshire by 19th March 2013 (last seen 2nd July 2013)
- Camel estuary 22nd July 2013 (and again 24th August)
- Helston Boating Lake 17th October 2013 (to 16th February 2014)
- back in Berkshire 9th March 2014 (last seen 4th June 2014)
- Camel estuary 23rd June 2014 (and again 3rd October 2014)
- Helston Boating Lake 24th October 2014
Pretty much the only other ringing we've managed recently was this very rusty rehabilitated Tawny Owl ringed at the Screech Owl Sanctuary last week. This is part of a long-term project monitoring the success of their rehab programme.